Registration of a CRO of a foreign company
Registration of a Commercial Representative Office (CRO) of a foreign company
This procedure is applicable only for foreign legal entities that wish to carry out commercial activities in Bulgaria without setting up a domestic company. This opportunity is envisaged in the Law on the enhancement of the investments and the Bulgarian Chamber of Commerce and Industry is designated as a competent authority, responsible for conducting the procedure and maintaining a special register of foreign commercial representative offices.
Documents required for registration:
- A document issued by the competent domestic authority attesting to the incorporation and existence of the company;
- A document issued by the competent domestic authority attesting to the person(s) empowered to manage and represent the company as well as the scope of their representative power;
- An act of the applicant’s governing body demonstrating firm decision for registration of a commercial representative office in Bulgaria shall be enclosed to the application;
- A Power of Attorney, issued by a person according to p.2, empowering the head of the CRO with representative power to manage the representative office and to take all necessary steps for its registration before the Bulgarian Chamber of Commerce and Industry. This power of attorney shall bear a notarial attestation;
- A specimen of the signature of the CRO’s head. This sample of the signature can be either attested by a notary or by authorized official of the Bulgarian Chamber of Commerce and Industry;
- Registration fee payable to Bulgarian Chamber of Commerce and Industry;
- Application signed by the person holding representative power;
- Filled registration card according to the approved template.
The price includes:
- Elaboration of all necessary documents;
- Filling in and submitting all documents in the Bulgarian Chamber of Commerce and Industry;
- Registration fee payable to the chamber;
- All other relevant fees;
- Providing a document for the registration
The commercial representative office of a foreign company is not an independent legal entity and thus it cannot operate and conduct commercial activities on its behalf and at its costs. In this case all operations are being executed under the name of the foreign company.